FILLED: Manager – Melbourne Metro YHADecember 13th, 2017 | |
The 360-bed Melbourne Metro YHA caters for a wide range of guests including backpackers, families, and groups. It is ideally located in leafy North Melbourne only minutes from the famous Queen Victoria Markets and free CBD tram zone.
We are seeking a passionate and driven Manager to lead this property and assume responsibility for the following:
- Overall hostel operations, finances, and bottom-line results;
- Developing and executing business and marketing plans;
- Achievement of budgeted targets and management of payroll and other costs;
- Compliance with YHA quality requirements;
- Management of staff including recruitment, supervision, and training;
- Maintaining a high profile in Melbourne’s backpacker industry and promoting YHA through local relationships and marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role in the hospitality and/or tourism industries;
- The ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and confidently;
- Demonstrated leadership, team management, and mentoring abilities;
- Knowledge of Property Management Systems and advanced computer literacy;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; and
- A passion for the backpacking industry!
To be successful in this role, you will also:
- Be a strategic thinker, a creative problem solver, and an opportunity seeker;
- Be commercially astute, highly-driven, and proactive;
- Enjoy a challenge, question the status quo and be a change agent;
- Contribute to the fun and inspiring culture of the hostel; and
- Be dedicated to achieving results through outstanding guest experiences and a motivated team.
In return, YHA will offer you:
- The opportunity to manage a key gateway backpacker hostel and develop your skills in a highly-regarded organisation with a reputation for excellence and innovation;
- A role with autonomy and a high level of responsibility;
- A vibrant and diverse workplace with an energetic and fun culture;
- The opportunity to meet and interact with people from all over the world and all walks of life; and
- An attractive remuneration package.