FILLED: Front Office Manager – Sydney Central YHAAugust 24th, 2017 | |
Sydney Central YHA is YHA’ s biggest and busiest backpacker hostel. The multi-award winning 556-bed property is located just opposite Sydney’s Central Station and provides funtastic facilities for backpackers including a pool, sauna, cinema, job services, cafe, and more!
We are seeking a dependable and driven Front Office Manager to join Central’s vibrant and diverse team of staff! This position at the hostel has the main responsibility of overseeing the hostel’s front office operation & reception desk. The role is full-time and will report to the Hostel Manager and the Deputy Manager.
In this role you will:
- Be the first point of management and support for Receptionists and Duty Managers on the front desk,
- Work to ensure the front office team provides excellent customer service and proactively recommends and sells YHA products and services to guests,
- Be a hands-on presence at the front desk including managing guest reservations, handling guest queries and feedback, and resolving any guest concerns,
- Work with the Hostel Manager and Deputy Manager to ensure the profitable operation of the front desk and,
- Assume overall responsibility for the hostel in the absence of the Hostel Manager and Deputy Manager.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Able to confidently lead, motivate, and manage a team of front office staff,
- Passionate about giving our guests a fantastic and memorable YHA experience,
- A great communicator and,
- Super-skilled with Guest Centrix, YTT, eNights, and all other front office systems,
- A proactive problem-solver with a mature attitude,
- Willing to work weekends and some evenings on a rotating roster, and
- An ideas person who is always looking for better ways to get things done!
What you will get in return
- A great opportunity to develop your staff management and supervisory skills,
- A role with an increased level of responsibility and the opportunity to take on a leadership position,
- The chance to learn more about the bigger picture of hostel operations and prepare yourself for future management roles.
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application and let us know why you’d be great for this role.
Apply on Seek or at firstname.lastname@example.org